Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Aspergers is his gift...

.
My 12 year old son who is a major computer whiz and video game junky completely amazes me. Being diagnosed with PDD/NOS when he was 3 and then to Aspergers specific- There is nothing this kid really cannot do. Since he was a toddler, he has always been on a computer. At 2 yrs old- he was obsessed with “Blue’s Clue’s”. Dressing in the same clothes Steve wore from the stripped green shirt, down to the khaki pants.. and of course - calling our dog - "Blue" When Steve was leaving, my son got a little upset.. not because he Steve was going to college- but because we couldn't find "Joe's" clothes in the stores..Needless to say..when I went into the kitchen to make lunch, my son climbed up onto the computer.. which wasn’t unusual since he would play games- but I left the internet on and sure enough, he found the outfit online.. That should have been my first "Clue" that he would be a computer genius. Now 10 years later- we are lucky if we can get him to leave the house without his computer.
Enjoying video games, creating games online, and modifying other games to different levels..
I am just truly amazed by his intelligence. So of course.. the proud mom that I am.. I would be posting some of his videos he posts on youtube and stuff to share with the world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment